2009-01-29

I need to write

okay...the best word to describe me is 'lazy'. I admit that since long ago, I am not a hardworking person, I always leave my work to the eleventh and a half hour, and during my time at Ipba/Qut, my first draft will always be my final one. I just don't like to write. I used to like playing console games and owned a PSone and PStwo (and later, an Xbox 360) but after five and a half year staying at ipba, I just didn't have access to those sort of things. So, I decided that my next hobby will be sleeping. Actually, it was because I always waited until the very last minute to do my assignment, and that got me pretty worn out the next day and therefore I went into hibernate mode for minimum half a day. But then, while sitting down trying to figure out what to do during a free time, I came into a self-realization (it suddenly came out of nowhere). After all the five and a half years at Ipba and even after being given a golden opportunity to study and live abroad, I never try to develop myself professionally. Especially in terms of language. At the end, I never write better because I still got a C for my assignment, just like what I got during the foundation year. Plus, I'm still not fluent in speaking. I could say that during 2 years abroad, I will only used English when talking to the lecturers and when I want to buy stuffs at stores. On the whole, I only hang out with my Malaysian (Malay) friends most of the time. It sadden me to think that I really messed it up and wasted the five and the half years. And now, when I look at my friends, most of them have become much more proficient and managed to develop themselves professionally. I need to become better so that I can be a better teacher and the ones that will benefit out of it are my pupils. A few days ago, while checking on everyone's facebook, I found that Jarod described himself as a person who love to write and confidently admit that he is good at it. Most of my friends blog but I didn't fancy the idea of blogging. To me, it is like writing a diary, but publicly. When I read some of their entries, I realized that some of them shouldn't be shown to everyone. Well, that is my idea of a dairy - you keep it to yourself. But if I were to be a good at writing, I need to write A LOT. Then, after giving lots of thoughts, I think that I should blog even I don't fancy the idea of it. It is one of the way that I could better myself in writing. Well, even if you (anyone) don't like to read my entries, I write just because I want to be good at it.

3 comments:

soyasofya said...

welcome! hehe. its your blog, write whateva you want.

word verification utk comment ko ni adalah 'manan'. haha. apekah.

hafiz said...

sankyuu2...aku rse terpanggil utk practise writing...hehe...manan?? cm gay lak...haha XD

Jarod Yong said...

You will be good at writing...
Maybe.
hahaha~~~